Your Child’s Danger with Carbon Monoxide

Almost impossible to detect without the appropriate technology, carbon monoxide is extremely dangerous.  You cannot taste, see, or smell it, which makes this gas even more threatening, as many who suffer from carbon monoxide poisoning do not even know their own danger.  Carbon monoxide can also poison children in your own home, and can cause you undue trauma, pain, and anxiety on behalf of your loved ones.  It can cause a number of serious medical conditions that require extensive treatment in order for your child to recover, and sometimes this treatment can be expensive.

How Poisoning Occurs

Carbon monoxide poisoning can happen even if you think that your home or workplace is safe.  It can be from a leak in an internal-combustion engine, such as those in:

  • Generators
  • Forklifts
  • Floor buffers
  • Water heaters
  • Stoves
  • Furnaces
  • Gas-log fireplaces

Over 3000 children who are under the age of 14 are treated for this type of poisoning every year, according to information from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.  Sadly, parents must confront the real dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning if their children have been exposed to its dangers.  But sometimes parents can get help with this difficult task, and seek legal assistance as well.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *